New Survey Shows 80% Of Americans Have Heard Of Bitcoin

Bitcoin Forums investment Community Forums Bitcoin Discussion New Survey Shows 80% Of Americans Have Heard Of Bitcoin

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Emma Lee 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Emma Lee
    Participant

– Despite the widespread acknowledgement of bitcoin, few respondents were directly involved with the world’s largest cryptocurrency; of those who had heard of bitcoin, 87% have had no interaction with it, which means they haven’t bought, sold, or mined bitcoin

– Approximately half (49%) of respondents said they were “Glad I didn’t buy bitcoin earlier, and I don’t plan to buy it”; 15%, meanwhile, wished they “had bought bitcoin earlier, but I feel like it’s too late now”
    Relatively few people have any immediate plans to buy bitcoin, according to the survey, despite the fact that over one third (36%) of respondents believe cryptocurrency will become widely accepted

– Cryptocurrencies continue to have a stigma associated with illegal transactions, with 25% of respondents claiming that they believe most cryptocurrency transactions are for illegal purposes; an additional 19% said cryptocurrencies were used equally for legal and illegal purposes, with 17% reporting that cryptocurrencies were used more for legal than illegal purposes

– Among millennials, approximately half are interested in cryptocurrency: 48% reported being interested in cryptocurrency, with 50% claiming they were not interested

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.